At the Walter & Elise Haas Fund we believe in collaborating with partners whose work provides access and opportunity, building a more equitable community. We invest in our Bay Area neighbors because doing so fosters a more just and vibrant society for current and future generations.
While each program area has its own specific set of guidelines, our grantmaking as a whole encourages:
- Ensuring access and creating opportunity;
- Innovative approaches;
- Programs that span across our program areas;
- Leadership, including that of an engaged board of directors;
- Organizations with multiple sources of support and plans for long-term sustainability;
- Deep community involvement in your services and activities;
- Active and on-going collaboration that increases program impact; and
- Consistent collection of feedback to drive program evaluation and improvement.