The purpose of the Fund’s grantmaking in Jewish life is to support a vibrant, inclusive, Jewish community that is meaningful, compelling, and responsive to contemporary concerns.
Diversity is a Strength
We envision a vibrant Jewish community able to harness the strengths and talents that result from a diverse population by funding efforts that:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals and families seeking a place within the Jewish community.
- Encourage pathways to create Jewish leaders that reflect the community they serve
- Build the capacity of organizations to have civil and constructive conversations about issues that are difficult and divisive
Social Justice is a Mandate
We believe that Jewish values of tikkun olam (healing the world) and tzedakah (charity) are meaningful drivers of change and support efforts that:
- Foster Jewish participation in organizations, programs, and services that supports the needs and aspirations of recent immigrants, isolated seniors, the poor, and other vulnerable populations.
- Encourage the collaboration of the Jewish community with other faith traditions to promote social and economic justice.
- Combat anti-Semitism and promote acceptance of the Jewish community and other vulnerable communities through education, advocacy, and communication.
Innovation is an Imperative
We understand that each generation must grapple with the significance of Jewish practice and values (l’dor vador) and therefore support a revitalized Jewish landscape through efforts that:
- Foster collaboration between startups and more established organizations
- Build upon Jewish traditions and values
- Recognize that identity is multifaceted